We’re at it again! Unfortunately, not much time has passed since I wrote the first part of this post, and it’s really taken no time at all to find material for an additional three! We say crazy things on the train, on the phone, while crying on a park bench….at least our generational filter seems to be quite clear! Look, I’m the first to be self-deprecating and admit that I talk without thinking…and sure, I can be a little over the top (cough cough…) but come on people. Even I know that talking at top-voice about “How ridiculous Mel is, even though she’s like my best friend” is exactly why the eye-roll was invented.
Anyway, here are a few gems I heard recently, presented without context, because who needs that? Just blindly judge these ridiculous people like I do. Because I’m allowed. Because I’m young and the world revolves around me….right??
- “He has two internships-one of which is unpaid. It’s like, when is he going to realize he needs to go work at a Starbucks or something?”
- “I don’t know his sister, I don’t know his sister’s girlfriend, and I don’t want to do saki bombs with them on Thursday!”
- “That’s the problem with brunch with him. You’re trying to prepare for the week and wind down and he’s being a f-ing terror. Like I’m just trying to find a second to take a bath!”
- “My sister has such good ponytail face and I really do not.”
- “I love her, don’t get me wrong, like it’s fine, but she just thinks she’s better than everyone else.”